Amit Sharma opens up on his Amitabh Bachchan - Deepika Padukone project The Intern

The Badhaai Ho director, who is now immersed in completing his big football drama Maidaan with Ajay Devgn, will next direct a Hindi remake of the Robert De Niro-Anne Hathaway 2015 romcom The Intern about a 70-year old man seeking a job after retirement in a company run by a very successful young woman entrepreneur. Says Amit Sharma, “It’s too early to talk about The Intern. Right now I’m completely into Maidaan. We’ve just completed one schedule with footballers from Thailand. And we move on to the next match in a few days.”

Amit Sharma opens up on his Amitabh Bachchan - Deepika Padukone project The Intern

In the meanwhile the screenplay of The Intern is being adapted. Says Amit, “It is being written as we speak. My take on The Intern won’t be an exact replica of the original. What is the point of remaking a film if you can’t take it into a different direction? So yeah, my version of the story will be different.”

About working with the dream team of Amitabh Bachchan and Deepika Padukone Amit sighs, “I can’t believe I’m working with two of the best we have, so early in my career. It is every director’s dream to work with Bachchan Saab. My dream has come true after directing only three films. What more can I ask for?”

There is more in The Intern to get Amit excited. “I am turning producer with The Intern. I am co-producing it with Sunir Kheterpal and Deepika Padukone. I’ve named my production house Chrome, because yellow is my favourite colour and it has an ‘Om’ in it.”

Also Read: Amit Sharma signs Neena Gupta for Deepika Padukone and Amitabh Bachchan starrer The Intern



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/3qiMsD5

Post a Comment

0 Comments